The Master Cleanse is a Juice Fast. It’s a liquid diet that provides a healthy amount of calories and nutrients specifically suited for weight loss and cleansing, all while resting the digestive system and allowing the body to heal naturally and has been tested and approved since 1940 by millions of people all around the world and is constantly reported as the most successful diet of its type.
As the originator of this superior diet once stated: “I humbly and yet proudly offer it to you, confidant that you will receive vigorous good health from its use”
Stanley Burroughs –Author of the book The Master Cleanser continues to state:
“This diet will prove that no one needs to live with their diseases. A lifetime of freedom from disease can become a reality. The Lemonade diet has successfully and consistently demonstrated its eliminating and building ability.”
The Master Cleanse is such a simple program to teach in 100 words or less:
- First, squeeze Fresh Lemon Juice.
- Then add Grade B Maple Syrup, and Cayenne Pepper into Pure Water.
- Drink a minimum of six to 12 glasses throughout the day whenever one is hungry (For the Lemonade diet recipe with exact measurements, scroll down this page)
- Drink a laxative tea before bed.
- If elimination does NOT occur by the morning, drink 1 tsp sea salt in 16 oz of water and stay by the toilet.
Every day of The Master Cleanse that you overcome the psychological need to eat, you feel a growing sense of control and dependence upon God that motivates you to complete the process. The Master Cleanse is by far my favorite of the Detox Diet Recipes.
There are Three Phases to The Master Cleanse:
- Ease-In: 3 Days of Slowly removing processed foods and other toxins from your diet.
- The Lemonade Diet: 10 Days to Lose Weight Fast, and Feel Great At Last
- Ease-Out: 3 Days of slowly eating more and more complex foods.
The Master Cleanse Recipe
The Master Cleanse works just how it sounds; you consume primarily lemonade for the entire time you’re on the diet. So the recipes for the diet itself are fairly simple. You should drink a minimum of 60 oz of lemonade a day, but can drink more if you like. You can also drink as much water as you want. I suggest you consume your body weight in ounces of water.
Below are two different recipes. The first is for a single serving of the master cleanse lemonade. The second will make 6 servings
#1 (single serving):
- 2 Tablespoons of organic lemon Juice (about 1/2 a Lemon)
- 2 Tablespoons of Organic grade B maple syrup (not the commercial maple flavored syrup you use on pancakes)
- 1/10 Teaspoon Cayenne pepper powder
- Ten ounces of filtered water
#2 (60 oz. daily serving):
- 60 ounces of filtered water
- 12 Tablespoons of organic grade B maple syrup
- 12 Tablespoons of organic lemon juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
There are a couple important things to remember when preparing the lemonade.
For one, the lemon juice used must be fresh squeezed. This cannot be emphasized enough. It is necessary to use fresh produce. Canned juice won’t work and will erase most of the benefits of using the master cleanser diet.
Also, the maple syrup must be grade B maple syrup, not the sugar filled syrup that is used at the breakfast table.
The cayenne pepper might seem unnecessary, but it is actually very important. Not only does it help to add a bit of a kick, but the pepper helps to break up mucus and dilate blood vessels for increased blood and oxygen flow. It also is a good source of B and C vitamins, commonly referred to as Super Vitamins due to their many benefits for the body.
Mixing teas with the recipe is one way to help modify things, just make sure It’s decaffeinated or herbal tea because caffeine can restrict blood vessels and we want to keep your body passages as open as possible.
Ease-In – Starting The Master Cleanse
The Ease-In step of The Master Cleanse (Pre-Diet Routine) is not as important as the Ease-Out (Post-Diet Routine). In fact, you could skip the Ease-In completely and begin directly with The Lemonade Diet at anytime. In my experience, however, beginning The Lemonade Diet with the Ease-In routine not only prepares your stomach for less food, but your mind as well.
The purpose of Easing-into the Cleanse
I find by doing the Ease-In, the first two days of the Diet are not as shocking, and the impulse to eat is therefore more manageable. It allows you to prepare your body for the dramatic change in diet as you cleanse but it will also prepare you for the next 10 days : mentally and emotionally, which can prevent you from ending the Master Cleanse too soon. Use the 3 days of the Ease-In to gather your ingredients for the Master Cleanser Recipe.
Ease out as follows to prepare the body for digestion again.
Day #1 – Drink orange juice only.
Day #2 – Drink a variety of juices and broth.
Day #3 – Raw fruits and vegetables.
Day #4 – Ease back into cooked food.